1. Do you think the world became a more dangerous place on September 11, 2001 or did we just become more aware of the danger? How has your own life changed as a result of that day?
I believe we just became more aware of the danger. To be honest, my life hasn’t changed that much since then. I was one of the lucky ones who didn’t know anyone who died or was injured that day, plus I was only 12 when in happened. I do remember gas prices going crazy and ever since then they have continued to be crazy.
2. Did you think your parents were too strict when you were growing up? How about in hindsight?
I don’t think my parents were too strict in fact they were less strict than other parents, but I think that’s because they could trust us because they raised us to be honest. I was one of the few who didn’t have to call home every time I changed places, I just called and told my mom or dad I was hanging with whomever and then I would usually call when I was on the way home. I would sometimes text if I had been gone for a long time just so that they didn’t worry.
They are less strict with my brothers and lil sister than they were with me and Carrie. It’s kind of weird because I think, “If I had done that I would be in pretty big trouble right now” but it’s probably mostly the difference between boy and girl.
3. Share one random but candid fact about yourself.
I LOVE Monkeys!!! I have over 40 stuffed monkeys.
4. Would your nearest and dearest describe you as simple or far too complicated?
5. What is your favorite stadium or carnival food?
Funnel Cakes rule!!!
6. Tornado, hurricane, earthquake...how many of these natural disasters have you experienced? Which event do you think would be the scariest?
I have experienced many hurricanes I’m not sure the exact number since I lived in FL for 21 years but you get the idea. I was there the year that 5 hit the state… So yea. Hurricanes don’t really scare me. I love having a hurricane party!
I am not sure which scares me worse, a tornado or an earthquake. I’ve never experienced either one. :/
7. Labor Day weekend is approaching so a work related question seems appropriate. Growing up, did your parents assign you regular chores? Were you paid for doing those chores? If you're a parent do you assign chores to your own children? Why or why not?
My parents assigned me regular chores. It depended on the year whether we got paid because my parents did not always have the money. Sometimes the reward was going to dollar tree and picking something out after a month of chores. Sometimes it was just doing them because we were told to.
I don’t have any children right now.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Sometimes, I think we spoil our pets a lil too much! LOL!
They were both sleeping when I tried to take the picture. LOL!