Today I went to a back to school meeting for teachers which went over a lot including: classroom management, being consistent across the grade level, dress code, school procedures for fire drill/lock down etc.
By the time I got home I was on information overload... It amazes me how much teachers do. I don't think I realized all the work the go through each year just to have their classroom ready. There are so many do's and dont's, and things you have to have prepared for the first day, since you never know what may happen. All I can say is that today has definitely been a learning experience!!
After our meetings (which went from 8am-3:50pm), our grade level sat down for a chat and decided on their behavior management procedures and grading procedures. The biggest thing I learned about today is that you need consistency across the grade level. I hadn't really thought about it much, but it totally made sense. One teacher, truly shouldn't grade harder or have more projects than the next one in the same grade level...
Something that was greatly discussed today regarding grading was: Should you take student's redos and give them the grade of the redo or average the two grades??... What is your opinion on the subject?
Tomorrow is "Meet the Teacher Night". I am excited for that! (Possibly more blogging tomorrow. :)) Anyway, I believe that's all I have to say for now... I am very tired as this was my first full day of getting up early and then being busy till 5pm.
Wednesday, August 01, 2012
1. I'm joining my daughter1 in the 101 in 1001 challenge. Essentially you create a list of 101 things you hope to do or accomplish in the next 1001 days. What's one thing you'd put on your list?
Finish my degree (I graduate in December)
2. How many remote controls do you have in your house? What's one item in your home you wish could be operated by remote control?
Four, but does Wii controllers count?? The oven or microwave
3. What does having it all mean to you? Is it attainable?
Being with Christ. Yes it is!!!
4. What's your favorite movie soundtrack?
“I want to be like you” from the Jungle Book was my favorite song when I was a child. I wouldnt know what it would be as an adult.
5. Describe the best view you've seen from a rooftop.
Im not usually up on roofs, but I guess it would be the view of the lake in front of our house. J
6. What's your least favorite thing about summer?
How hot it is… Living in AZ means 100+ all summer long.
7. Our weekly Hodgepodge falls on the first day of August. In ten words or less sum up your July.
Very long and yet short Filled with fun and craziness.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Going to my first back to school teacher meeting this morning…. I have no idea what to expect.. :/